BOWLERS!!! Please Read Carefully and Print This Page!
Failure to abide by any of the following rules may result in your disqualification.
(Disclaimer- While all efforts to maintain accuracy have been taken, the Official Rules are those on the Entry Form.
Any difference here was unintentional and a result of my fingers not obeying my brain!)
1) All USBC Rules not specified here will be in effect.
2) Photographs will be taken of bowlers placing in the Top 5 of the event. You will be notified by your scoring attendant should this be required.
Refusal or failure to have photo taken will result in disqualification.
3) All bowlers are required to be USBC Certified. USBC Membership Cards must be shown at check-in. Non-certified bowlers and bowlers certified or
sanctioned outside of the USBC may enter by purchasing an associate membership from USBC for $25. (An optional Participation Fee of $5 may be
paid to enter the Lilac City No-Tap Tournament ONLY. NOTE: This will NOT cover any other tournament entered!)
4) Any bowler entering the Lilac No-Tap who is not eligible as to USBC Membership shall forfeit any claims to refunds and/or prize money, and all
associated scores of said bowler disqualified.
5) PRIZES: The Guaranteed 1st Place listed on the front of tournament entry application will be paid as well as at least one (1) prize for every
ten (10) entries. All prize fees will be returned 100%.
6) Entries close prior to the start of the last squad offered on July 9, 2023. POSITIVELY NO REFUNDS AFTER THE FINAL SQUAD HAS BEGUN.
7) Post dated and/or starter checks will not be accepted for payment of entry fees. Only certified checks, money order, credit card, or cash will be
accepted at time of bowling.
a) Returned checks will be charged a $40 fee and if not paid in full by JULY 9, 2023 will result in the disqualification of all scores for the individual
and/or group associated with said check.
b) All payments by Credit Card will incur a 3% Processing Fee.
8) All CANADIAN entries must submit entry fees in US Currency. No Canadian Personal checks will be accepted.
9) This tournament is open to all USBC Certified Members following these guidelines:
a) Singles: One event where Men and Women compete for the same prize fund.
b) PROFESSIONAL BOWLERS** ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
c) NON-USBC: Special consideration will be given to bowlers certified and/or sanctioned outside of the USBC. However, all bowlers must submit
entry forms to our office at least TWO WEEKS prior to bowling. Walk-ins will not be allowed. Call if clarification is needed.
10) Minimum age for participants is 18 years of age as of April 22, 2023. This also requires said bowler to have at least one Certified Adult average
of at least 42 games.
AVERAGES: (NOTE: USBC Bowlers may obtain their average information by visiting www.bowl.com.)
11) All bowlers will enter using their HIGHEST USBC, CTF, or other Nationally certified or sanctioned average from the 2020-21,
2021-22 or 2022-23 season, minimum of 21 games. This includes all leagues whether Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. Current season average
used will be based on the bowlers average “at time of bowling”. In addition:
a) All bowlers entering the Lilac City No-Tap Tournament must have a certified or sanctioned average from either the 2020-21, 2021-22
or 2022-23 season of at least 42 games. If not, that bowler must bowl scratch in all events.
b) A bowlers “CONVERTED Average” as listed on Bowl.com from a Sport or Challenge League will be used if it is the highest average listed or
reported for that season.
c) A bowler’s “COMPOSITE Average” as listed on Bowl.com, will be used if this average is 5 or more pins higher than highest league average listed
or reported for that season.
d) Collegiate, Youth, and uncertified or unsanctioned league averages do not satisfy entry requirements but must be reported and will be used
should it be higher than other averages submitted.
e) Any CURRENT SEASON AVERAGE of 15 games or more, but less than 21 games, that exceeds a bowler’s entering average by 5 or more pins,
must be reported for possible adjustment.
f) Any bowler who has averaged 10 or more pins higher than his/her entering average, in either the 2018-19 or 2019-20 season, must report this at
time of registration for possible adjustment.
g) NON-HOUSE PATTERN AVERAGES: All bowlers with averages established on a SPORT or CHALLENGE Pattern, whether certified as such or not,
must report these averages as such. These averages will be adjusted by the appropriate USBC conversion chart. Highest standard or converted
average will be used. Scores will be disqualified for anyone reporting an average as standard should it be found to be otherwise.
h) Tournament Director has jurisdiction on exceptions to Rule 11a and on use of any Converted Sport or Challenge Average in extenuating
circumstances and may allow the bowler’s use of a standard average if available and certified. All requests for consideration must be made
2 weeks prior to bowling.
i) Failure to report averages, that form the basis for the tournament director to accept, adjust, or deny entry, shall result in disqualification.
j) It is each bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of his/her average, whether originally submitted by the bowler, team captain, or other.
12) Use of CURRENT SEASON AVERAGE prior to either the end of the league season or the date that averages are submitted to your local
association, requires that a verification form be completed and submitted to our office by the last day of the tournament, if not at time of bowling.
Forms are available at Check-in. Average reported at first event will be used throughout the tournament.
13) Failure to use the proper average, or make a correction at the time of bowling, may disqualify any score. Prize winnings will be based on the
average submitted if it is higher than the correct average. Average corrections must be submitted to the tournament office, in writing, within
7 days from the date of bowling.
14) Tournament Management has the right to adjust scores after bowling should verified average or other pertinent information become available
that was not available at time of check-in.
15) The maximum allowed average for handicap is 225. All others bowl scratch.
16) The team captain’s signature on the application verifies all information to be correct as submitted.
17) All entrants are required to be familiar with USBC Rule 319e rerating requirements and comply with all requirements in each separate event.
The tournament has the right to adjust, reject, or reclassify any entry without penalty prior to the time of bowling in each separate event.
18) Entry fee will be refunded if entrant(s) do not wish to participate after being notified of any adjustment. Only the Singles bowler affected is eligible
for a refund.
19) In this tournament, handicap will be based on 95% of the difference in the Bowler’s Average and 225. All entrants over the maximum average for
handicap may bowl SCRATCH.
DECLARATIONS: (for clarification, the word “Certified” replaces the word “Sanctioned” as per USBC)
20) All bowlers are required to report at time of registration:
a) All prize winnings of $300 or more in any one event, $500 combined in any one tournament, or $1000 total for all tournaments bowled in the
preceding 12 months as per USBC Rule 319d.
b) Any rerate or average adjustment, whether accepted or refused, and/or disqualification by any tournament (certified or uncertified, House
or local tournament, or TV show).
c) All scores bowled that were 100 pins or more over his/her average in a 3 game tournament (133 for 4 games, 166 for 5 games) from the
previous 12 months, as well as in any current Lilac event.
d) Any current top 10 position in any tournament or event, certified or uncertified, as well as any current Lilac event. (Including any Tournament
still in progress)
21) Bowlers who fail to report any of the above prior to bowling may be disqualified, forfeiting all tournament fees and winnings. Declaration must
be complete, in writing, in ink, signed and dated by the declaring bowler. (Forms are provided at Check-in and on our website)
22) When a bowler is requested to submit all tournament scores, he/she must reply in writing within 15 days of the request, whether or not they
have scores or winnings to report.
23) A MINIMUM OF 4 BOWLERS is required to form a squad.
24) All bowlers must report to the tournament office one hour before scheduled bowling time to check in. LANES WILL BE ASSIGNED
BY THE TOURNAMENT OFFICE.
25) The tournament office will try to even up all squads. In the event of circumstances beyond control, bowlers assigned lanes alone must
bowl alone. Upon refusal to do so, no entry fee will be returned.
26) Three (3) games will be bowled on the same pair of lanes.
27) No-Tap means you that you receive a STRIKE when you knock down nine (9) pins with your first ball. All other scoring is regulation.
28) A bowler or bowlers arriving late will be allowed to bowl, however scoring will start with the frame in which they are ready to bowl.
29) As this is a Singles Event. NO substitutions will be allowed. Any bowler failing to complete all 3 games will be awarded the total score of
frames bowled plus handicap ONLY.
31) All claims for an error in scoring must be made to a tournament official immediately. No changes in score will be made after the next
32) If an automatic pinsetter or scorer has a breakdown, the tournament office has the right to move bowlers to other lanes and take whatever steps
are necessary to continue play. In the case of irretrievable score loss, that game (not set) must be rebowled.
33) The tournament has the right to weigh any ball after bowling. If the ball is found to be illegal, this will disqualify the bowler, all scores, and no
refunds will be made. Bowlers may have the surface and weight of the ball checked prior to bowling. NOTE: Balance holes (as of Aug 2020) and
cleaning and/or altering the surface of a bowling ball once competition has begun with ANY liquid (as of Aug 2019) or product is now considered
illegal. Cleaners formerly labeled as USBC Approved are no longer valid.
34) Premature termination of the tournament brought on by war, national emergency, or emergencies relating to fire, strikes, labor difficulties, or
other reasons beyond the control of ABC Gates Bowl or the Lilac City No-Tap Tournament, shall cause the foregoing prize list to be prorated in
accordance to the number of entrants who have bowled in each of the respective events at the time of termination.
35) The Tournament Director and/or Assigns have final say regarding all questions and/or disputes arising in the Lilac City Tournament.
36) A bowler may compete 5 times in this event and may only cash once, with his/her highest score.
**Pro Bowler Rule: We consider our No-Tap a “Fun, Amateur Event” and therefore restrict the following. Members of any Professional Association
(PBA/PBA50/PWBA), former members whose memberships have not terminated more than three years prior to April 22, 2023, and former members
who have won any professional title in the past 10 years.(2013-14 season to present) In addition, should we determine past performances as beyond
that of what we consider “amateur”, we reserve the right to deem any bowler as “Professional” strictly with regard to entry requirements for
Lilac City Tournament, Inc. events. We suggest calling our office should you have questions or need further explanation.
This Tournament is governed by the Laws of the State of New York. The venue for any cause of action shall be Monroe County.
645 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606